Planning objection

Turbury

I own a one acre plot of land that I was thinking of selling as a site or building a house on and selling. It is surrounded by land owned by a local farmer - question is, could he object to planning on the grounds that he is farming the surrounding land? For instance farmers are not allowed to spread slurry within 100 meters of a dwelling house, my proposed house would be well within this distance.

Yes.

He can object even if he lives in the next county.

But his objection will have more weight as he is a neighbour.

If he has a dairy, he can veto any building within 100m (or some such rule like that, I understand it exists, but not exactly the specifics).

He could object, as anyone else could, but why would he. You have nothing to loose (and obviously a lot to gain) by putting it on the market.

Sure he might even buy it off you if he does'nt want anyone building there! Put it on the market and see what the outcome is.

he could also encourage you to build on it as then his own land may become more valuable

He could object, as anyone else could, but why would he. You have nothing to loose (and obviously a lot to gain) by putting it on the market.

He might object because he would no longer be able to spread slurry on his field adjoining the site (because of the 100 meter rule)- thus his farming buisness would be affected, which is fair enough.

Back