Planning - driveway/gates

Stephen67

I received planning permission to widen the entrance to my driveway. The work has now been completed apart from the installation of gates which was included in the drawings submitted for planning.
I no longer want to install gates (like many on the same road) but would this cause a problem for compliance with the planning permission?
Grateful for any advice. Thanks.

I received planning permission to widen the entrance to my driveway. The work has now been completed apart from the installation of gates which was included in the drawings submitted for planning.
I no longer want to install gates (like many on the same road) but would this cause a problem for compliance with the planning permission?
Grateful for any advice. Thanks.
No issue with not installing gates.

Do you have someone signing-off on the works? Are they willing to sign-off as is? Planners will often accept something as substantially complete, but you just never know what they might throw up an issue with down the line.

Hello,

If you don't mind me asking, how much has this exercise cost (drawings, planning application, labour and materials etc.)?

I've been considering getting something similar down with my own house, hence the question.

Thank you.

Do you have someone signing-off on the works? Are they willing to sign-off as is? Planners will often accept something as substantially complete, but you just never know what they might throw up an issue with down the line.
Thanks for the helpful reply. About to get an architect to sign off.

Back