Planning condition - timber windows

C

Canetoad

I have a Condition in my planning permission for a house in a rural area, which states "the windows are to be timber ("wooden-look" pvc is acceptable)...". I want to put in a good quality pvc or timber/composite windows but I think the planners will only accept wholly wooden windows or the wood-grain pvc that seems to go into most new houses.

Has anyone had any problem with the same condition or any discussions with any planning authority on the subject? I don't even know whether the condition would be enforceable as it involves an opinion as to what is "wooden-look".

We had the same condition, but they insisted on a wooden door. As I said in another thread we put in a bog oak grained UPVC window. They are very real timber looking in fairness!
We also had to have a crossed window, horizontally and vertically centered.

Canetoad said:
the windows are to be timber ("wooden-look" pvc is acceptable)...". I don't even know whether the condition would be enforceable as it involves an opinion as to what is "wooden-look".
I do not see why there would be an opinion involved.
Timber is made of wood and wooden look is made of something else but faked to look like wood