Planning Condition Query

lastbuilders

Hi,

I have the planing condition below and was wondering can anyone confirm if this means I need to tar all my road frontage or only opposite the entrance? The length of road frontage is about 80 meters so it makes a big difference if I need to tar it or not.

The entrance shall be of the bellmouth type with a minimum width of 3 metres at the gates and a depth of at least 5 metres. The outer piers shall be set back 4 metres from the existing tarred carriageway fronting the site and new boundary shall be set back in-line with these outer piers over the full road frontage of the site. The type of material used in the new front boundary should be in keeping and sympathetic with the original roadside boundary.

In the interests of traffic safety.

5. The area between the entrance gates and the new boundary and the bituminous\tarred road shall be treated in the following manner:

a) existing roadside drainage shall be piped under the entrance and area forward of new boundary walls shall be drained with spigot & socket concrete pipes, the diameter of which shall be a minimum of 300mm.

b) the area shall be backfilled and graded downwards from the bituminous\tarred edge of the public road at a gradient of 5%, provided with lockable type gullies and a surface water drainage system (‘Acco’ channel or similar approved) that ensures no surface water flows from the entrance (or layby area) to the public road but is collected and discharged direct to nearby watercourses.

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']c) area forward of new fence line shall be constructed with a minimum depth of 400mm layer of Clause 804 and finished in 100mm layer of bitumen macadam [/FONT]

Lastbuilders

It doesn't say anything here about the surfacing of the area in question - only what to do UNDER it.

Therefore, you could to tarmac/asphalt at the bellmouth and a bit either side, and just do tar'n'chips over the rest. This area is a parking area, not a thouroughfare, so it's not subject to the same requirments vis-a-vis wearing surface.

Hope this helps.

Back