Planning Condition affecting mortgage

Dee_2006

Hi there,

we have a clause in our planning which as far as I was aware was normal that we cannot sell or lease the house for 7 years. We have been asked by our bank to get the council to send a letter confirming that should the house be repossessed they can sell it on. Is this a normal requirement and do planning authorities send these kind of letters!?

Dee

Have seen this loads of times and have sent people off to get the letter from council, now I no longer need to do this as the council have been putting it on the planning permission itself for the last while, obviously they were getting sick of issuing the letters too. Dont know which council you are with or how recent your planning is but our local council usually put it underneath the condition specifying residency as in part b or c of the condition, have a look at the planning in case it is there somewhere confirming that it doesnt apply in case of repossession.

It just says exceptional circumstances...which I would also take to mean reposession! But thats great, thanks for your reply. It's a weight off to know I'm not the only one that they're after for it!!

Its a fairly frequent request from lenders. They are really just ensuring their interest comes before that of the council.

Back