Placing a mark on google maps?

minkydog

Hi we always find it hard to give directions to our mates to our home so I thought if I could mark our place on google maps then they could find it easier. Does anyone know if you can do this?

Can you not just get them to type in your full address, ie. 54 Weston Road Dundrum Dublin Ireland and they will get a map with a marker close to the house if they have internet.

Or you could do it for them and send them a screen shot of the map/result,
actually I think there is a link beside the map result for 'sharing'

our address won't show up on google maps - we are in the middle of nowhere - screen shot is good idea will give it a go

Just send a link to the position, instead of a screenshot. Get the appropriate map view you want to send on screen, ensuring your house is in the centre of the screen. Then click the 'link' button (top right of screen on Google Maps, looks like a chain). Then just copy and paste this link into an email. It looks like this:
maps.google.com/?ll=53.344653,-6.266552&spn=0.004042,0.010053&z=17

In Google Maps right click on the location then choose "Directions to this location". This end of the journey will be marked "B" and if there is no address then the directions will be to "unknown road".