Places to stay in Rotorua

M

mmccabe

We wont have a car, so can you suggest a good place to stay in rotorua

Re: tbh

Check out the AA accommodation site for New Zealand - [broken link removed]

The big thing in Rotorua are the thermal springs, so if you are into that then go for somewhere with their own springs.

Otherwise most NZ motels at about NZ$100-NZ$150 per room are perfectly satisfactory. US and NZ definitions of motels differ quite a lot and NZ motels were always small, family run, good size rooms, and good value complete with a kitchen in all the units. If it is in the AA guide then it will be good - this is one of the main guides used when looking for accommodation in NZ.

Of course you could be going there for a honeymoon or something, so you may want something a little classier . . .

z

HTML Comments are not allowed

Hey Tony! You might be interested in . Va bene?

Loads of good quality motels there (can't remember the name of the one where we stayed) - many of them have outdoor hot tubs included so you can get the benefit of the natural hot springs.

There is a great restaurant up the hills with the most incredible view over the surrounding area that I have ever seen. Again, I can't remember the name, but ask around when you get there. It is NOT the one at the top of the gondola/cable-car ride that I'm referring to - it is just a short taxi ride up to the restaurant.

Rotorua

When are you going, what is your price range and how many of you are there?

Rotorua

aaaaaaaaaah fond memories of Rotorua and Waitomo......stayed in a hostel in Rotorua, can't remember the name.

Don't forget the clothes peg for your nose, the sulphur from the springs really stinks until you get used to it.

Enjoy

Back