Places to Stay in Nice

Lauren

Hi, anyone got recommendations of places to stay in Nice 3 star upwards? Best locations, prices etc?

Hi Lauren

If you check out www.nicetourisme.com you will be able to access all the information about Nice that you need. There are plenty of good hotels in Nice..it really depends on how much you wish to spend? Top of the range is Negresco.about 280.00+ per room per night..the Boscolo Hotels are nice and do good internet deals I think their site is www.boscolo.com other than that La Perouse has a lot of character.

I would recommend Mercure Nice Notre Dame. You can get really good hotel deals if you book online. e.g. 1000K was the rack rate for five days at Christmas. I got it for €425 by booking and paying in full in advance. Nice rooftop pool, friendly staff. Central location.
Bad points: Decor a little dated. Long walk to beach. Breakfast is a rip-off at €15. Go down to bakery in Nice Etoile and get the breakfast special for €3.80 or Tonique Matin. (Juice Coffee and 2 pastries). I have stayed here four times and always had a nice time.

See
. Invaluable for hotel reviews.

To book Mercure go to www.accorhotels.com and type in Nice.

Do you really want to stay in Nice for the whole duration? - why not spend a couple of days in a nearby village such as Villefranche Sur Mer - nice spot only a few miles down the road - the cruise ships dock there. Lots of nice restaurants etc and a change from the "city" atmosphere of Nice.

Or Antibes! The only town on the local coast with sandy beaches, the rest are rocky, including Nice.
I've stayed here - www.antibes-hols.com - and can recommend it.

Back