Places to Sell PC Monitor online

IrishGunner

Ok have a flat screen and now want to sell previous monitor

Dont want to go the ebay route just to complicated re deliveries

Anywhere else online you can sell Pc items

Checked boards.ie and buy & sell

eBay too complicated for deliveries ?

Just say that the buyer has to come and collect it in person with whatever cash he needs to pay ?

You sound like you have dismissed the boards.ie [broken link removed]. I've found the [broken link removed] pretty good for both buying and selling.

ClubMan said:
You sound like you have dismissed the boards.ie [broken link removed]. I've found the [broken link removed] pretty good for both buying and selling.

No I have not dismissed I am just looking for other options
Have never sold anything on ebay so might look more into that as I thought you had to deliver it etc. Hopefully will sell it eventually

I wouldn't imagine there would be much demand for a monitor on its own. Most offices are tripping over themselves with old monitors no longer required. Ebay probably isn't a great idea for a once-off sale, as setting up a sellers account isn't a trivial exercise.

Yeah I know thats where my problem is just want to sell the monitor so have to explore every avenue

Worse comes to worse may donate it to a school if they will take it or do the rock and roll thing
and throw it from the top floor of a building.........:)

I hope you aren't relying on this money. I know of a business that was (still is?) paying €50 per unit to dispose of old monitors in an environmentally friendly way. Your local council or corpo recycling centre will hopefully take it for a smaller fee than that though.

No schools will want it. I know from some friends who are teachers that disposing of old monitors and other equipment is a headache for teachers & principals.

There's a steady turnover in all sorts of computer gear including monitors on that boards.ie forum. If you do want to donate it then you could try Leinster Freecycle (I've no involvement with them but a colleague who does mentioned them to be a while ago).

If you are in the dublin area I would take it off your hands rather than throw it out, obviously will collect!
Have a friend who is a bit financially challenged, and would pass it on to them as an xmass guesture - as their current one has intermittent probs.
PM if interested.
Runner

Oxfam home store would probably make best use of it. They accept (working) old PC and laptop parts which they refurbish and sell on. Great cause and you might pick up a bargain whilst you're there...
Oxfam, 86 Francis Street, Dublin 8. Tel 01 402.05.55
N.

Back