Place to eat/place to go in Cork

Parnell

Hi,I will be in Cork on Saturday with my husband staying in the Silver Springs on Sat night-can someone recommend a nice restaurant and perhaps a good show to go to i.e a play/show/etc-thanks in advance

Star Anise in Bridge Street is excellent. expect to pay iro €100 to include wine.

Just back from Cork, we ate in Greenes Hotel (isaacs). Excellent meal. Main course approx. 29 euro each. Can't remember what total bill came to. There seems to be a restaurant beside Greenes which is also called Isaacs so don't confuse the two!

Isaacs (good food) is across the street from the Everyman Theatre and 300 m from the Opera House.

Jacons on the Mall is another option. Relatively expensive. Rossinis is another busy place in Cork. Main 2 theatres in Cork are the Cork Opera House and the Everyman. Only 1 city centre cineman left, the Gate cinema.

Have to update legend re only 1 city centre cinema left.He has forgotten the great Kino cinema on Washington St-if ur into decent movies(Page Turner ,currently showing-a little gem!)

A few other threads covering where to eat in Cork.

Can certainly agree with the suggestions for Greenes (they offer an early bird special between 5 and 6 [I believe, been a while since I went so time could be off] but that might be midweek only). In a very handy location from Tivoli (Silversprings Hotel), located at the Tivoli end of MacCurtain St.

Currans (down beside the gate cinema - full directions given by me on another thread) is also a good spot for some food with a nice atmosphere.

As for shows, not sure what's on in the Everyman at the minute, but usually something of note on (located across the road from Greenes away from the hotel a little). I'm sure you'd find a listing for it somewhere online, if not you'd certainly find the number and could check with them directly. The Shelbourne, next door, is also a nice spot for a drink or two.

Again, no knowledge of what's currently happening in the Opera house, but if the show currently in the Everyman didn't suit, this could be worth checking too (again, if you can't find info online try giving them a call for details).

Apart from that not too many shows around. A few drinks in the fun and festivities of Cork is never a bad thing, but being a Saturday night could be a little busy around town. Nice bar on Oliver Plunkett St. called "The Ovens" where it won't be too crazy, as close as you'll get to a quiet pint on a Saturday.

[No connection with any of the pubs/restaurants mentioned]