Pixmania in English Please!

pennypincher

Just recieved my new digital camcorder from Pixmania,and they gave me 5 user manuals,in French/Spanish/Dutch/German and Italian.I rang to tell them I needed one in English and they said I needed to understand they are a French Company hence all the language manuals except English(Go Figure),but more importantly this was why they were so cheap,I was able to download a user manual but it's 84 pages all on A4 and not bound so I've sheets everywhere.Has anyone else had similar experiences....were you able to get a manual?

You could always print two pages to a sheet (giving 42 A4 sheets containing two A5 pages each and then bind them yourself.

I guess it depends on the make and how they internationalise their products - I bought a Canon camcorder and got English manuals plus German, French etc.

I received a Canon 350D camera without any English instructions. Canon Ireland were very unsympathetic and said i should have purchased in ireland. If Pixmania are using .ie in their domain address I think they should supply Irish customers with English manuals. Incidently, Canon Ireland recommended buying the English manual for £35 from their supplier.

Shame on Canon Ireland.

All the same, pennypincher — how much did you save by buying the camcorder from Pixmania, as compared to the 'High street' price here? Would it cover the time and inconvenience of printing out 42 A4 sheets as per Clubman's suggestion? It's not like you want to cart the thing around with you, surely...

EOS 350D Twin lens kit includes18-55mm + -55-200 + Grip = 1,449 at cameracentre.ie.

In pixmania it's Eur1,173 - a saving of Eur276 ! I'd print the manual if I were you!

Actually I see the camera is actually cheaper at Amazon!