Pistachio ice-cream

Ciaraella

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I could get pistachio ice cream? I've had a look in all the usual supermarkets and lidl and aldi but no luck so far.

Roly's in Ballsbridge serve it as a dessert : [broken link removed]

Have you tried large M&S Food Stores?

I feel for you Ciarella - I love the stuff but it's rare in this country.

Abroad it's as common as strawberry.

The only place I've ever seen it in Ireland is in a place off Shop St in Galway.

I haven't tried marks and spencers yet so i'll give them a look. Myself and himself got addicted to it when we were in fuerteventura of all places! It was really popular in the indian restaurants so i might have a look in some of the asian food shops too, i'll report back if i find it!

Thanks for the recipe Damson, i might give that a try, i reckon it'll score me a rake load of brownie points!

i think botticelli's ice cream in temple bar & italian quarter sell pistachio ice cream

Have you tried the Australian Ice Cream place? Its on Upper Abbey Street I think, I went there once and remembered they had some unusual flavours.

Hi did you ever have any luck finding pistachio ice-cream in ireland? I have tried tesco, superquinn, marks and no where! I know you can get it in temple bar in the italian ice-cream shop but dont know if they sell by the tub-load. Think making it would be a step too far for me. There is a supermarket in town - fallon and byrne that might do but I havent tried.
Would love to know if you had any success?

Hi Vonnie,

No luck in the supermarkets but i haven't tried any of the indian shops yet, they usually have it on the menu in indian restaraunts so they are my next port of call

Bump!

Anyone know where I can get pistachio or also "turron" flavour ice-cream, by the tub (for eating at home, i.e. not cones, etc.), in Dublin?

Or even somewhere in Dublin that sells a range of more "exotic" ice-cream flavours by the tub?

By the way, "Turron" is... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turrón

I know Haggendas make a variety of it, so do spars... The spar one is actually really nice!

I know Haggendas make a variety of it, so do spars... The spar one is actually really nice!

Haagen Dazs mention pistachio at
[broken link removed]
but not at http://www.haagen-dazs.co.uk/ - presumably the range available in Ireland is similar to that in the UK - have you seem them do this flavour in Ireland?

Will check out my local Spar(s)...

[Update: Checked out 2 Eurospars and 2 Spars yesterday evening. No joy. Is it their own brand "Pistachio"?]