Pistachio ice-cream

Ciaraella

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I could get pistachio ice cream? I've had a look in all the usual supermarkets and lidl and aldi but no luck so far.

Roly's in Ballsbridge serve it as a dessert : [broken link removed]

Have you tried large M&S Food Stores?

I feel for you Ciarella - I love the stuff but it's rare in this country.

Abroad it's as common as strawberry.

The only place I've ever seen it in Ireland is in a place off Shop St in Galway.

I haven't tried marks and spencers yet so i'll give them a look. Myself and himself got addicted to it when we were in fuerteventura of all places! It was really popular in the indian restaurants so i might have a look in some of the asian food shops too, i'll report back if i find it!

Thanks for the recipe Damson, i might give that a try, i reckon it'll score me a rake load of brownie points!

i think botticelli's ice cream in temple bar & italian quarter sell pistachio ice cream

Have you tried the Australian Ice Cream place? Its on Upper Abbey Street I think, I went there once and remembered they had some unusual flavours.

Hi did you ever have any luck finding pistachio ice-cream in ireland? I have tried tesco, superquinn, marks and no where! I know you can get it in temple bar in the italian ice-cream shop but dont know if they sell by the tub-load. Think making it would be a step too far for me. There is a supermarket in town - fallon and byrne that might do but I havent tried.
Would love to know if you had any success?

Hi Vonnie,

No luck in the supermarkets but i haven't tried any of the indian shops yet, they usually have it on the menu in indian restaraunts so they are my next port of call

Hi did you ever have any luck finding pistachio ice-cream in ireland? I have tried tesco, superquinn, marks and no where! I know you can get it in temple bar in the italian ice-cream shop but dont know if they sell by the tub-load. Think making it would be a step too far for me. There is a supermarket in town - fallon and byrne that might do but I havent tried.
Would love to know if you had any success?

Bump!

Anyone know where I can get pistachio or also "turron" flavour ice-cream, by the tub (for eating at home, i.e. not cones, etc.), in Dublin?

Or even somewhere in Dublin that sells a range of more "exotic" ice-cream flavours by the tub?

By the way, "Turron" is... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turrón

I know Haggendas make a variety of it, so do spars... The spar one is actually really nice!

I know Haggendas make a variety of it, so do spars... The spar one is actually really nice!

Haagen Dazs mention pistachio at
[broken link removed]
but not at http://www.haagen-dazs.co.uk/ - presumably the range available in Ireland is similar to that in the UK - have you seem them do this flavour in Ireland?

Will check out my local Spar(s)...

[Update: Checked out 2 Eurospars and 2 Spars yesterday evening. No joy. Is it their own brand "Pistachio"?]

Back