Pink Floyd at G8

redbhoy

Brilliance personified.
But does anyone know why they split up? Ive tried googling but cant find the reason.

Back in the 80's Roger Water who was the bass gauitarist and the songwriter left the band after falling out with the others. He then tried to sue them when they wanted to start touring again as Pink floyd in the 90's. I think over the years they have been snapping at each other through the papers.

It was an amazing performance and I hope they start touring again and come to Ireland!!

Being a bit of a PF fan myself I found two solo albums of R Waters to be superb, Radio Kaos and Amused to Death. The Final Cut was the best PF album I reckon

I'd be seriously surprised (but also extremely chuffed) if this is more than a once-off. David Gilmour said that he was more interested in his solo stuff, which is more free form than in getting back together and touring.

I read in this mornings indo; "Pink Floyd sales soar more than 1,000pc" - apparently sales of there cds have soard as a result of their live 8 performance (unfortunately this vindicates my cynical dad!); coldplay sales only increased 3% over the weekend whilst some of the smaller artists enjoyed a sizeable increase. Apparently Tesco sold 600,000 blank tapes last week - three times more than normal.

Dave Gilmour said in an intervew that playing the other night was like sleeping with his ex-wife :D

Zapatista said:
Dave Gilmour said in an intervew that playing the other night was like sleeping with his ex-wife :D

Hmmm... so was that a guilty pleasure kind of experience or a omigodwhathaveidoneandillneverdoitagain kind a vibe...

Live8 was worth it for the PF contribution alone! For the first few minutes they seemed stiff and tentative; then the musicianship took over. Sounds from the boost in c.d. sales that this epiphany has changed the criteria for a lot of under-30's who up to now were not aware of the stature and talent of that generation. I don't know 'how it was for them' but I know for me, it was healing and inspiring. I hope they can keep something going.

not knocking pf but 1000% of a small figure is probably less than 3% of bigger sales ( coldplay) i am an oldie who remembers pf in their heyday but for me the best performance on saturday was Green Day. I really enjoyed them. the terrible two thought that overall the london guests were over the hill and thought that the usa got the best deal. Depends on your age I suppose.

Back