pine club kusadasi

tailgunner

good evening friends.Has anyone been to the above resort recently and would you recommend for a 2 week hol in July 2013.mixed reviews on Tripadvisor.

We went there twice over ten years ago we had our own villa with own pool very relaxing it is situated up in the Hills so much cooler that down in the town of Kusadasi which can get very hot in the summer. Ten years ago the Pine Club was in very good condition houses lovely amenities great if your children are small it is the ideal place very safe as all within one area if you like to be in a lively place it is not for you as it is very family orientated or at least was in my time most people in bed by midnight nothing to do after that but that suited us. There is a regular bus that picks you up outside that takes you down to Kusadasi but it takes about 30 mins as it can go up and down different roads picking people up. If you have any other questions you want to know just ask. I remember a lovely Restaurant down the road Honkers that allowed the kids make their own Pizas I have only good memories of Pine Club not so much Kusadasi.

Thank you Hans. Q. Do you need to go into Kusadasi for restaurants?What time at nite do local buses back to resort finish at?

Yes there is a restaurant in the pine club only one when we were there but maybe that has changed and a one about a mile away on a narrow country road so you would need to get the bus to it as too dangerous to walk on the road outside the pine club. I think the lst bus home was about 12 or 12.30

good evening friends.Has anyone been to the above resort recently and would you recommend for a 2 week hol in July 2013.mixed reviews on Tripadvisor.

I'm afraid I can't advise you on the resort but in general we found Kusadasi a bit of a toilet and the Turkish people in general and the men in particular to be over-bearing,rude and not very likeable.

Women are treated as second-class citizens and female tourists should be prepared to put up with endless leering from gurning local men who somehow think they're attractive.

There's also quite a lot of petty crime such as handbag stealing and fraud.

The highlight of our week was a visit to a nearby Greek island where the difference in attitude and behaviour couldn't have been more apparent.

Just saying.

I'm afraid I can't advise you on the resort but in general we found Kusadasi a bit of a toilet and the Turkish people in general and the men in particular to be over-bearing,rude and not very likeable.

Your comments are very similar to my memories of our trip to Turkey. We visited a Greek Island called Samos and my eldest daughter (14 at the time) asked if we could stay there. I didn't like Kusadasi, it was a dump to be honest. The beaches were overcrowded and you are constantly annoyed by the 'men who somehow think they're attractive'.

We rented a beautiful house in a place called Cypress Hill, which isn't too far from the Pine Club. The location is called Sogucat, which is about 8 miles from Kusadasi Centre. The Pine Club provided us with our better nights of our holidays. There's a nice enough Chinese Restaurant (remember you are in Turkey) in the grounds and also the Hotel had a 'Feast' type buffet twice when we were there, that provided local Turkish style food that was loved by all.

Holiday makers that we met in the Pine Club loved it; most as posted had their own rental which included a small private pool. The biggest complaint was the depth of the water, which wasn't safe for small kids. The OP queried what time the bus (dolmas) ran too. They arrive every 20/30 mins or so and are very cheap. Don't worry about the bus home at night. When we were there, most restaurants provided free taxis just to make sure our party dined in their premises and the Pine Club also provided a mini bus FOC when we ate there. We enjoyed a few nights in the Saray Restaurant Turkish/Chinese and Mexican food. The staff can be over the top, to a stage that they annoy you. My advice is to have a word with the manager/supervisor, saying that you want to enjoy a private meal and will call the waiting staff as you need them during the night, otherwise they can be very annoying/interfering.

Don't let me put you off your holiday. I just didn't like the town of Kusadasi or their beaches. Turkey has a lot to offer. Turkish food is great and very reasonably priced; there are beautiful places to visit. Make sure you spend a day in Ephesus, magnificent ancient Greek/Roman City and Our Lady's House on the slopes of the Bulbul Mountain near Ephesus