Pin no. in post. What for ?

Billo

About a week ago I got a letter in a Royal Mail envelope which contained a pin number. It did not say what the pin number was for. Anyone else get one of these ?

Rgds
Billo

They usually have a 'if undelivered, please return to' address on the envelope - Did yours have such an address? Don't want to worry you, but this could possibly be a sign of identity theft, that someone has applied (and got) a new credit card with your name address, so it is worth following up.

Rainyday,
You are correct. There is a "if undelivered please return to a p.o. box number 9566 in Dublin 5 " on the front of the envelope.
Thanks for the warning . I will have to to be extra careful.

Rgds
Billo

I'd send it back to the box number with an explanatory note, asking them to respond to you with an explanation.

Don't forget to keep a photocopy of all documentation before posting off in case something else crops up in the future.

I got one as well - which turned out to be in connection with my NIB account - changes to their on-line banking. I don't recall receiving any prior notification about it.

I recall getting some booklets from NIB a couple of months ago which explained the planned changes to their banking systems. I got my NIB pin today.

I have not got an NIB account, so I will still have to investigate further.
Rgds
Billo

Got it at last.
The credit union have introduced an extra layer of security, so that is where the new pin no. came from.
I should have got a warning letter, to say there was a pin on the way, but I did not get it. The royal mail had me confused.
Rainyday had me worried about stolen identity, and I am happier now that I have traced the origin of the pin.

Rgds
Billo

Probably using Royal Mail as it's cheaper to sent bulk mail from England than it is post it within Ireland!!!
Leo

Back