Picture Messaging between phones

jenolan

Hi,

I recently set up my picture messaging but it's not working properly. O2 are trying to sort it but they're taking ages and don't really seem that bothered. I can receive pics but when I send one back to the person who's sent one to me it doesn't get to them.

It looks like it's sending and it says "sent" then it shows the 2478 bytes transferred and all that but the person never gets them.

I know not all phones are compatible but surely if I can receive them from this particualr person then there shouldn't be a problem. Anyone have any idea whats happening?

I don't know what is happening, but if you're trying to send a digital photo with your phone and it only send 2,478 bytes then it didn't send the picture. A digital photo will be much bigger that this. The low resolution camera on my phone generates picture files that are ~46,000 bytes. If I were you I'd check if you were attaching/sending the picture properly.

Sorry the figure I used was just for an example I've no idea what the correct bytes figure was. O2 came back to me to say that they're being delivered to the vodafone network but it appears vodafone are not passing them on to the persons phone!

MMS is cack, there are constant problems like this.

There is an O2 (some new phones) issue at present with MMS. Go to [broken link removed].