Picture disappears from TV

Allen

I have a 3 year old Phillips TV (32PFL5322) and the picture just goes blank after a while. It could be a few seconds or an hour. There appears to be no power going to the screen at all. The sound is fine. When I turn it off and then on again after some time to cool down, the picture may or may not come on again for a while.

The repair shop changed the "main circuit board" but after a day or two the same problem came back. I am now told that it is the "screen" that is faulty but this seems unlikely to me as the picture on screen is fine for a while but then seems to lose all power.

Any ideas as to the likely fault.

Can't help you on what the fault is but I had (and at times continue to have) the exact same problem. As have many other people (you'll see this if you do a google search). This has been happening to my tv for about 2 years or so on and off. It happened again about 4 weeks ago for about 5-6 days. I know this sounds crazy but when it happens I turn off the tv, give it a few bangs on the back and it works when I turn it back on. Again, I know it sounds crazy but it has worked for me on repeated occasions!

Back