Picking a seat in a Venue

feltox

When booking tickets for events is they anyway or button to hit to get specific seat

eg on helix website you give a random seat and may like to seat somewhere else, the same random seat comes up for a while till its sold

Has anyone rang a venue to pick certain seat and can venue staff pick seats(over ride system) or is it same as website selection?

I have found with ticket master it usually shows the venue layout, and then allocates the "best available" seats. However often I find telephoning gives better seats, and it's easier to explore the options.

I have also called ticketmaster to request a specific seat, the call isn't free but is worth it when you want comfort in the Olympia!

The service provided by Ticketmasters online ticket system is a disgrace in my opinion. You should be able to select the exact seat/seats you wish to purchase. This is a simple bit of software that is in use with many other ticket websites but Ticketmaster insist in offering you what they think is the best available seat and charging you for this.

+1

Agreed RonanC, for the hurling matches this past season at Croke Park the longer I waited the better the seat I got. The "Best Available" started off in the section in the corner and then as the seats filled moved towards the centre section by section. It was a bit of a sweat for me as at one point they told me that the Family Tickets were sold out and I thought I had blown it. However, next day they were available again in a better section.

So I got infinitely better tickets that the people who booked on day one despite the fact that I purchased my tickets 3 days later than them...go figure!

I don't understand why they cannot provide the same functionality that you get when choosing tickets for a flight.

Being a Galway supporter this doesn't raise my blood pressure too often !!!!

Last edited:
Picking a seat doesn't guarantee not being landed in beside some clown who spends half the time going to and from the bar

My guess is that this approach means those who will go to an event regardless of where they sit snap up the early release tickets. Those who will go only if they get seats they like will then get better choice by phoning or waiting for further allocations to be released. End result is more tickets are sold for the event. Organiser and ticket agent all gain.

Back