Pick a photo of the Irish team with players numbers visible - a quiz add the numbers

NOAH

I happened to get in a bit late last night and tv was on TV3 with a quiz game that left me cold. I press record just to see the end result and boy was it a letdown. I should add that my other half said " I bet this is a rip off" and proceeded to ring onsceen number to prove you could not get through. And she was right but spent 3 euro.

I palyed it back this morning and it went on for hours it looked like. When I added the numbers I got 142 but the answer given was 389 !!!!!!!! with no explanation on how this ludicrous figure was arrived at. A reference was made to roman numerals in the picture as well!!! but I could not see a roman numeral for the life of me.

Its a rip off and the presenter gave hints that were way off beam ie 249, oh that is close, a bit far from 389 ie 140 to be exact.

How can this be broadcast?

When the winner was finally selected it was a total joke, all night the callers were getting through dead easy but no the winners call was scratchy, faint, etc.

noah

Re: Pick a photo of the Irish team with players numbers visible - a quiz add the num

My answer was 374 when I counted but I have no idea how they got 389.

Re: Pick a photo of the Irish team with players numbers visible - a quiz add the num

Its in the sunday tribune so I am not alone. How did you manage to arrive at 374??????? It said add the numbers? He did mention roman numerals but I could not see any? I got 142 but that was too easy.

I think its an utter con and should be taken off air.

noah

I watched a bit of it too. 142 was the "obvious" answer but I have no idea how they came up with 389. I did notice that one of the number ones was in a different font to the other numbers, maybe that is what they meant.

An "L" is 50 in Roman numerals so it may have been a lowercase L which would look like a number 1. Still no idea though. The show is a money spinner and it is amazing the amount of people who fall for it.

Count the L (50) on the players collars.

I was watching tv late on saturday night too, v unusual for me, but saw some of it. I made notes of the numbers phoned in, and the presenter told people they were "oooo so close, good guess, not quite but close" for each of the following numbers: 182, 184, 256, 284.
For 260 he told the caller they were 'warm'.
How is 260 anywhere near the answer they arrived at??

I have made a complaint to TV3 and I am surprised by the number of recipients who have deleted my email without even reading it. Me thinks they are preparing the classic defence ie " I knew nothing about it"

sad but there you go.

noah

ps not had a chance to play back tape and look for that roman L on the shirts!! Is that not sneaky beyond words.

Lo and behold I got a written reply from tv3, all 3 pages, defending the programme but no answer to my points. I have bounced it back to BCC.

noah