Picasa Web Albums -Photos have been taken by another website

allthedoyles

We upload all our photos to [broken link removed]

This is to ensure the photos are safe , if our HDD ever fails .

One person in the photos has now googled their name and discovered that her photo is available for anyone to see, and indeed the photos are also available on another website -

We have deleted the album in question ( from Picasa ) but the photos remain on the external website ( 123people.co.uk )

Does anyone have a phone number for Google or a phone number for Picasa . We are unable to find any other way of contacting either .

This person in requesting that we remove these photos asap

google doesn't host ... it just points to places that do.

Only way I can see of contacting 123people is as follows:

but ... again like google it doesn't host any images ... it just points to them:

Read the section titled How 123People Search Works

at

Photos have been deleted from [broken link removed] but they are still embedded at

It is not possible to delete them from this UK website .

Best method to remove something from a search engine is to create a new image/page with exactly the same address.

Then create a few links to it.

It should index the new image over the old.

I don't like that 123people website at all. I try to keep my name very private and when I did a search for it on 123people I found my Amazon wishlist!

You need to make your photos private, and not tag anyones names in public viewable photos. I'd be livid if I was your friend.

Well Magpie , its understandable that you would be livid over this situation .

However , if you are a member of Google , Facebook , LinkedIn, myspace , or indeed any social network , then the chances are that your name / photo is embedded in

Only if you don't make your info/stuff private. If your photos and profiles have meaningless names theres nothing to index or search on.

Well Magpie , its understandable that you would be livid over this situation .

However , if you are a member of Google , Facebook , LinkedIn, myspace , or indeed any social network , then the chances are that your name / photo is embedded in

No, there are no results for me on that site. Any site I am on with personal information I have the highest securiry settings possible. I am always atsounded at how many people have very weak security on FB, for example, with photos available to anyone.