Photos/video clips from phone to pc

redbhoy

Hi,

Ive a Nokia 5140i and am wondering how to put the photos and video clips I have stored on the phone onto a pc. I didnt receive an interface cable with the phone pack and its not listed as an accessory on the o2 website. Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

I have a 62somethingi and the only way I have found is to manually (using the menus) move each one individually from the internal storage to the SD card and then move the card to my laptop which has an SD reader.

If anyone knows a way to automate the process of moving photos (or saving them to the SD card in the first place) please let me know.

z

It should have an Infra red option to send photos. Use this to send it to a laptop.
Point the phone at the black shiny screen at the side or the back of the pc and send the picture then.
You can also use the bluetooth if your phone and pc have that enabled.

I have one of these phones and bought the cable from ebay

However there is a tiny phone shop on Camden Street, on the left as you walk up towards Rathmines

They have cables for every phone. Got one here for a Samsung but they do have them for this phone also

Then you can d/l and transfer them over

Have some other software that converts mp3 files to other format cannot remember it

Its as easy as pie

I bought a cable on e-bay for my gf's phone and it was a pile of crap (you get what you pay for I guess-it was the same with the Sony Ericsson cable I got from the same place).

I then bought a Bluetooth dongle as outlined here. Arrived last weekend and I can transfer a song from PC to phone and it takes around 3 or 4 minutes, which isn't bad.

Check in it's manual which data cable it requires,there are a few different types.Then download pc suite (its free!!) from the nokia website. The help guide with pc suite is very good,buy the data cable from a reputable outlet,there are some dodgy cables out there.The music format used is aac which compresses the music to fit on the card with no loss in quality.Hope this helps.

Back