photograph in housing estate

Jane Doe

Can you go to a local authority housing estate and photograph a boarded up house?

Would there be any legal issues such as the house next door being concerned about the camera maybe picking up thier house? Children playing? I mean if you avoid taking pics of kids is their presence a problem?

If the housing estate is not uet taken over by council is it illegal as it is private isn't it

Google Street View have photographed 10s of thousands of houses (some derelict) in public and private housing estates.

Local Authorities maintain a register of derelict properties and often take photographs for their records.

Estate agents take photographs on an ongoing basis.

If you take your photos from the public path I'd be doubtful that there's a legal issue.
Its public domain, but you may attract unwanted attention from local tough guys.
I'd tell the police beforehand in case somone reports you for "acting suspiciously"
I assume the house is unoccupied and you're not spying on or stalking someone.

ONQ.

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

From a public place you can photograph anything you want. (However you can photograph people without their permission only if it's in the public interest, e.g. politicians.)