Photo negatives to CD\digital

BRICKTOP

Got married last year and just got all the negatives from the photographer (after a little persuasion), he wasn't digital at the time. I would like to put these onto cd\digital (for safe keepiing and to give to family etc) and then print copies as and when.

Is this possible? Where would I go? Any ideas of cost?

Thanks

Many (most?) photo processing operations will do this for you these days. Or you could buy a negative scanner and do it yourself if you could justify the expenditure (of money and time). Not sure what sort of costs are involved in either. Shop around.

This one would do the trick.

CANON

[FONT='Arial (W1)']8400F Film Scanner - 3200x6400dpi, 48 bit colour depth, 12x35mm and 4 mounted slides, FARE Level 3 with dust and scratch removal, grain equalisation, colour restoration and backlight correction, 4 EZ Buttons, Fast Multi-Photo Mode[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial (W1)']€200 or there abouts.[/FONT]

Got married last year and just got all the negatives from the photographer (after a little persuasion), he wasn't digital at the time. I would like to put these onto cd\digital (for safe keepiing and to give to family etc) and then print copies as and when.

Is this possible? Where would I go? Any ideas of cost?

Thanks

I am surprised you got the negatives from the photographer. Did he release copyright on them.

Don't know to be honest. He wasn't too keen, but we had sent quite a bit of business his way after the wedding, so he handed them over.

Mine now anyway.

Was in the same boat a couple of years ago, I was waiting for the price of those scanners to come down, ended up using a friends.
Try and get a really decent one second hand, youre probably only going to use it for these negs and never again, sell it afterwards. If you buy it at the going SH rate, you shouldnt lose on it. [broken link removed] results for film scanner..
note: While worthwhile, it is very time consuming. at least 20-30 secs per shot, although Im sure the pricier ones might scan faster.

Back