Photo collage software?

Joe Nonety

Can anyone recommend some software for making a DVD of a collage of photos to music with the odd special effect such as zooming in on some photos, also to include 1 or 2 videos?

[broken link removed] is already on your PC and will do the basic stuff you describe — the edition you need will depend on your version of Windows (presuming that's what you have?).

Agree with what DrMoriarty says. Windows Movie Maker will do the trick and is fairly user friendly.

I have Sony Vegas editing software and TBH unless you are intending on serious amounts of editing I wouldn't bother. I rarely use it and find WMM sufficient in 95% of cases.

Are you sure that WMM can do the kind of pan-and-zoom effect that the OP seems to want?

Yes, albeit in a fairly understated way, and without offering much control — just a kind of random sweeping/slow zooming motion. But it's quite attractive, and you can keep tinkering until you're happy with the results..

Photodex ProShow Gold allows for greater control, but it's not free. Sony Vegas is in another league again, both in terms of cost and the steep learning curve.

I've found Corel Visual Studio good for this too - not free but you might find a time-limited free trial available.