Phoning mobiles from a landline - Cheapest company?

black_pearl

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know which is the cheapest landline phone company to be with if all you really phone is mobile numbers? While most of the companies seem to offer decent enough rates for evening/weekend calls to landlines, there no-one with cheap rates for phoning mobiles.
My poor mam has two of us in college and we're the only people she phones - €100 every two months is starting to hurt.....
We're both 086 numbers if it helps?
Thanks!

Have a look at [broken link removed]

She doesn't have to change provider or anything, just dial 1520 932601, wait 'til the recorded message saying "WELCOME to Telestunt, etc.", then dial your number plus '#' at the end. 15c/min (any time of day) ain't great, but it's a little bit better than Eircom etc. (you don't say who she's with?). Only downside is that she'll be charged per second from the moment she dials the 1520 number, whether or not you're available to answer the call. If your 'phone is turned off or out of reach or you just don't answer, it'll cost her 9c or 10c just to find that out.

Here's a thought - why don't you two pop out to a 'phone box every now and then and let her call you back at landline rates? :)

Cheapest way to call a mobile is to call it from a mobile on the same network (on-net).

a) get her an 086 mobile to call you
or
b) consider mobileline [broken link removed]

Might be worth moving to another network, like Meteor (085) as their on net rates are cheaper than Vodafone or O2 I think!

I genuinely suggested going to a phonebox - the nearest phone box to my sister is down a really lonely road and as my mother only finishes work at 8pm, shes not going to put her safely at risk over a couple of euro! (Shes not THAT tight!)

Thanks for the replies guys, especially the mobile line. I never actually realized that it was cheaper to call from a mobile. I might buy her an 086 SIM either.

Cheers, its much appreciated!

Back