Phone robbed can I use same number

dodo

My wife's phone was robbed along with purse over the weekend,Can she ever use the same number again or does she need a brand new number, what are her options.To get a new number would cause alot of trouble.

Hi, you just need to contact the service provider she got the phone/SIM card from, and tell them the phone was stolen. They wiil cancel the SIM card, and then she can buy another one, with the same number, from them. It is also possible for them to block the phone if it is on contract with them

Nic

I recently lost my phone in Ireland and went into a phone shop to buy a new one. Using the computer they were able to allocate my old number to the new phone including the credit. (vodaphone pay and go) I guess somehow they blocked the pin chip in the old phone.

Fone stolen last nite , do u know if I replace with former number will fotos be saved , Thanks in advance cannot get thru to 02

Photos are stored on the phone itself, or on a removable memory card. While you can get a sim set up to continue using your phone number, anything that was stored on the phone is lost, I'm afraid.

And please don't use text speak in your posts.