Phone points gone mad

legend99

Lads,
Using dial up internet at home...moved PC from downstairs to upstairs. But the phone box in the bedroom won't allow me to connect to the net. My modem is saying 'No answer'. After an hour+ of this i fecked the modem line out the window, in the letter box and connected to where i used to connect downstairs...i.e. the branded eircom box which seems to have a few bits of electronics inside....i.e. its not your bog standard basic box. and i connected first time. As I don't really want to be connecting via a window and letter box every time..can anyone help me out.....the box in the bedroom is perfect for dialling from with a phone...why won't it support dial up net...help!

update. Went to the Eircom box that always worked.......noticed that the wires feeding the other boxes were connected directly to the incoming wires. There was a few transistors etc in between. So connected the wires going upstairs directly to the wires incoming to the box fromt he street and now working. That box must have been doing some kind of filtering which messed things up..weird....

Back