Phone not working, can I get my numbers back??

carina

Ok so my phone fell off my bed during the night and when I woke up this morning it said - insert SIM. It hasnt worked since, I have switched it off, taken the SIM out etc; phone appears to be knackered.
(I am now using my friends phone but its a touch screen and impossible to use but beggars cant be choosers and all that jazz!!)
Anyhoo, apart from that I have no numbers and only a handful of recieved messages on this phone.
I have clearly always saved number to phone instead of sim being the big dumb ass that I am....
Is there anyway of getting my numbers back? I am on Ready to Go.
Will call Vodafone if all else fails but will cost me a fortune from here.
Thanks!

Does it have a USB connection of any kind? If it does then you may be able to get from the phone when plugged into a PC.

So it's definitely not the sim that's busted as you're using that in the other phone?

I think, though stand to be corrected, that you're in a better position with the phone being dodgy as opposed to the sim (where all data is stored on the sim).

Probably best bet is to go to one of the shops of your supplier and see what they can do.

As it's from a fall it might just be the points or the lock for the sim that's causing problems so it might be possible to make this work on a temporary basis to then transfer the data to a sim.

I had a nokia phone stop sim connector stop working. Would only start up with no sim in the phone.

I was able to connect to the laptop and backup the phone.

If your mobile is Nokia , send it to Dublin repair office .
If it is under 15 months old it should under warranty.

Over 15 months will cost 60 euro
They will ring you immediately when they receive phone .

Application form and details are at this link :

I lost my phone and went into one of those phone sellers to purchase a phone and they were able to give me my old number back. They did something on the computer/internet. This would be a pay and go style phone.

What kinda of phone have you got? For instance some Nokia stores are able to retrieve info like that if you leave in your phones they'll send em to the manufactures etc. much as when people accidentally deleted 100's of priceless photos from their camera, they is software available to do this kinda work! and you can bet your bottom dollar the phone people have the means! Go into a store and enquire! what have you to lose?(your contacts you might say! mwaah haa haa!)

I lost my phone and went into one of those phone sellers to purchase a phone and they were able to give me my old number back. They did something on the computer/internet. This would be a pay and go style phone.

Agree with you. My friend's phone was stolen. It was ready to go. He went into his local Vodafone to get a replacement phone and they were able to get all the info from his stolen phone. They put all onto his new phone.

Although not helpful in this case, in future try zyb.com.

Its a free website that will store your phone contact details. When you register it sends a little program to your phone and it uploads all your contact number to their website.

Then if you ever lose your phone and get a new one, you can download all the numbers again.