Phone line for sky digital

River

Hi,

recently bought apartment and looking into getting sky digital in bedroom & living room. want to b able to watch channels independently in both rooms so need to get 2 boxes. With sky you need a phone line for this.

Can anyone advise as to who would be the cheapest line rental? would only require this line rental for the sake of tv (perhaps broadband after few months), wouldnt be using it for landline calls or anything.

Do people usually get eircom to set up phone line or will any provider set up line?

Also does anyone know what happens with multiroom set up. Will they have to run a coaxial cable from livingroom to bedroom or can it all be done through phone line? dont fancy having the whole apartment chased for the tv.

thanks

You only need the phone line for interactive TV ( push the red button etc).
For SKY multiroom you would need a second box yes. It would involve extra coaxial cable, but Im not too sure if they route this from the Dish or from the main box that has been installed first. More than likely it is the second option. Do you have a phone line currently connected to the first box?

Check this forum out.These guys seem to know everything about Sat/Sky TV. Post your question here and im sure you will get the answer you need

[broken link removed]

what you are looking for is sky multiroom, for this you will need a phoneline connected to both boxes, otherwise they wont install it.

The sky boxes must be connected directly to the dish, so a coax cable will be run from each room to the dish,

the last i checked BT was the cheapest for line rental and broadband package, but its worth checking again as there are new deals all the time.

thanks for ur reply guys. was hoping i didnt have to connect 2nd box to dish aswell but looks like i will have to. dont really want any cables showing but dont wanna have to chase the walls in the bedroom either. apartment is wired for chorus but didnt wanna have to go through them. aw well.

cheers