Phone and TV services

Purple

I have been trying to get Eircom (via BT) to come and reconnect my phone since the 26th of April. Still no sogn of them.
I have been trying get NTL out for the TV since the mid May.
I have offered both companies whatever money they want to get it sorted out.
What more can I do?

Very funny, boris.

I had the exact same problem. I am with BT, had a fault on the line and had major problems trying to get them to get eircom to fix fault. When you ring they log the fault and I think you have to wait up to two weeks or so before eircom comes. They are supposed to come within that time, but often what happens is that BT don't log the fault in the first place, so two weeks later when you ring again they claim the fault was never logged so you have to wait another two weeks or whatever. Then they would say- oh someone will ring you tomorrow, but they would never ring, then when I would ring they would say- oh whoever told you that was wrong...blah blah blah.

BT customer services are appalling in my experience. After about 6 weeks of messing around I had the brainwave of switching back to eircom to get it fixed. Then I was told you could switch but it would take a month before you actually get back with eircom.Bang went that brainwave.

In the end I demanded a supervisors name and number and basically rang him every day, sometimes twice or three times a day until they 'escalated' the eircom call out and got it fixed. BTW the eircom engineer was very nice which made me think about switching back to eircom again...although I havent gotten around to it yet.

Had a very similar experience to vanilla a couple of years ago - I feel a bit guilty about this, but I sort of 'bullied' the customer service rep. into giving me the service engineers mobile no. - when I phoned he was surprised & in fairness, he seemed very weary and hassled - but was reasonable and said he would 'squeeze me in'. Got connected the next day ;)

Ah darn it. I went home the other evening to find the phone broken again. Here we go again. Rang BT and the girl who answered said an engineer would contact me within 5 working days, but often less than that.

Back