Phoenix Park Racecourse housing development, Castleknock-D15

anuj21k

Hi,

Haven't seen any up to date post on this so want to start one. I want views of people who have knowledge of development and general area on what they think of the development. I will start with what I know and will love to hear your views on it.
Pros:-->>
1) Castleknock/train station/closeness to city centre/phoenix park
2)New houses
3)Good value to had there now prices down over 50% in last couple of years.
Cons:-->>
1)Boom time development-probably half empty
2)Parking problem-whats the staus on visitor parking, is it provided atleast
Usure:-->>
1)What impact new children hospital opening will have on the area.
2)Any social issues?
3)How is sound insulation of these development as they are all cramped up together can be a issue?
All views invited.
Many Thanks,
Anuj

I must say I haven't been in one recently (did go to see the show ones) - what I did hear was that they are very dark inside

No where near castleknock station and parking at phoenix park now quite expensive.

I have never been inside the apartments but on my way to the Park I regularly cycle through the development which is very well maintained & judging by the amount of cars & people around the area it seems to have quite a high occupancy factor.

It is very close to the new Castleknock train station on the Navan Road & is very well served by buses - 37 , 38 , 38a, 39 , 39a & 70.

I don't understand the reference to parking charges in the Phoenix Park - there are none.

Might be a bit late to help you but may help someone else. I've lived here. I loved it and have had very few problems with the development.

Pros:
They are well built, our apartment is extremely warm (in this weather almost too much so) and sound-insulated. The noise level between apartments is non-existent although we hear noise when people are passing through our external door which is a bit gappy.

The connectivity is very good. I go out in the morning and grab whatever bus passes. Never waiting more than 5 mins. There's the 37,38,38a,38b,39,39a and 70. The train station is very handy for Croke Park or town as well. Handy to M50 for getting out of Dublin down the country or to airport.

The facilities are good. There's a shop for the basics, Superquinn in Ashtown for more, HalfWay House pub and others on BlackHorse Avenue, the Park.
The management company seem to run the place well as far as I have dealings with them. The windows you can't reach get washed once a year I think. They put on extra security when the concerts were in the park.

There's always a security guy knocking around or someone doing the lawns.
Don't know whether pro or con but the occupancy rate is high as far as I can make out.

Cons:
Parking, Parking, Parking. Although it has gotten better with additional spaces provided. We have 1 designated space underground but if anyone calls over with a car it's massive hassle to find them a space.

Part of the site is a hole in the ground yet to be constructed. We are quite near that part so once construction recommences we'll be out of here, which is grand as we are renting but if I was buying I'd make sure I was plenty far enough away from that.

Hi guys,
thanks for tips on pros and cons of phoenix park racecourse. did you buy in the end anuj21k? Im thinking of bidding on one of the townhouses on millrace road in there. Im between buying a terraced townhouse there or buying a house further out towards clonsilla. I would like to know if the maintenance fees are less for the houses in there than the apartments and how much i should expect to pay. Im familiar with area and amenities as i rent in ashtown. currently there are a couple of terraced townhouses on daft for between 230000 and 250000 seems like good value to me? any advice or info much appreciated :)

Hi ,
We did not buy in the end mainly because of layout of the houses over 3 floors and Mrs. didnt like that. Apart from that I think its a brilliant area close to Phoenix park, bus stops/train, shops/city. 230-250K is the range since last year for 3 bed houses, so best of luck whatever you decide.

Sorry for necroposting but there are new phases available now for sale.

Has anything changed in 10 years? Is this still a great place to buy? :)

Are there any plans to build social housing nearby?

Back