Philips Wireless audio system

babydays

Any get one of these?

Does it work well. I was in Dixons today and noticed that the price had already gone down E200 since it's launch. Are there competitors doing the same thing?

Looks like it's the way to go.

just bear in mind that all wireless equipment does generate radio waves. If you're a person who say has a fear of mobile phone masts etc. then bear this in mind.

Friend of mine has one and is well happy apart from the fact that iTunes are not supported by model he has.

Apparently quality deteriates(?) rapidly with small distances i.e. upstairs from main box. Anyone confirm?

I looked at the philips system a couple of months ago, it looked quite good, and sound was good also, but this was from the main unit. As far as I remember, the sattelite units are limited to 4, so you can only have a max of 5 zones with this system. I think it would have cost about 2k at the time for main unit plus 4 zones. I did'nt go for it cos of the zone limitation mainly, and I got a sonso instead www.sonos.com, which in my opinion is far superior, but 5 rooms would cost about 3k wiht one controller approx. Would highly recommend the sonos thought, even at the higher price, based on the features, and the support I have got since purchase etc.

Wexfordman

Wexfordman said:
I looked at the philips system a couple of months ago, it looked quite good, and sound was good also, but this was from the main unit. As far as I remember, the sattelite units are limited to 4, so you can only have a max of 5 zones with this system. I think it would have cost about 2k at the time for main unit plus 4 zones. I did'nt go for it cos of the zone limitation mainly, and I got a sonso instead www.sonos.com, which in my opinion is far superior, but 5 rooms would cost about 3k wiht one controller approx. Would highly recommend the sonos thought, even at the higher price, based on the features, and the support I have got since purchase etc.

Wexfordman

Babydays, if you are thinking of buying a sonso, sorry, Sonos system :) (sorry, Wexforman, couldn't resist!), it might be worth waiting a few weeks until the Z80 comes out, which is cheaper as it does not include an integrated amp. This is especially convenient if you already have a decent amp and speakers. Plus, there will be a price cut and some offers.

More details on RegHardware - Sonos slims wireless music playback box.

i wouldn't buy philips speakers, i think they are low quality. i'd much rather wait a little longer and save a bit more for a higher grade product.

as for wireless, just think of the radio waves, microwaves, phones etc can and sometimes do with wireless prodcuts. i have a radio mic for my work but i'm lucky that i can change ferquency when needed.

I would never buy anything from Phillips after my experience. I bought a tv and the speakers blew pretty much straight away. (They did send someone to fix it though).

Apart from that do a search on the net regarding reviews of the Phillips wireless system. You'll find very negative feedback. I was looking for a small tabletop system recently and I was actually told by a salesperson in a well known store that they gave huge problem and many were returned. I bought a system from Creative which is just outstandging.

Back