Philips DVD recorder r3450

bsloe

I just bought this philips dvd recorder for someone for xmas. The guy in harvey norman didnt like Philips and recommended Pioneer but I had already bought it in Power City, are Philips DVD recorders any good. I was looking for the LG 160 HD but couldnt get it anywhere. i could bring back the philips and wait until after xmas if the philips is no good... any views on this. Budget aroung 350. i could get an 80 gig sony for this but went for the philips because of the larger HD

I was interested in this model and posted a query about it here and on boards. The feedback was tepid, so I went instead for the LG RH178 160GB from komplett. So far it is working well but it has been less than a week. Delivery from komplett was good.

It got a reasonable review on Home Cinema Choice (see [broken link removed] - PDF so takes a minute to load). Pros: good picture quality, easy to use, good sound quality. Cons: no component or HDMI outputs (but it is a budget model so no surprise there). They only rated it 3.5 out of 5 but they dock it some points for not having Freeview which is not relevant in the Republic of Ireland so no loss.