Philips ambilight

carraig king

I was looking at the Philips 32 inch LCD with Pxiel Plus 2, HD ready and ambilight features. Has anyone bought one of these or has anyone looked at the LCD. Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

carraig king said:
I was looking at the Philips 32 inch LCD with Pxiel Plus 2, HD ready and ambilight features. Has anyone bought one of these or has anyone looked at the LCD. Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

I have one and it is very impressive. The Ambilight is a useful feature.

The model I have is the 32PF9986 but this has now been replaced with a more expensive model with Pixel Plus HD which is supposed to optimise HD sources. Not sure why this is needed as HD sources are supposed to be HD already!

Check out www.homecinemachoice.com for reviews.

Not sure why this is needed as HD sources are supposed to be HD already!

HD Ready means that the TV can get HD if you add a HD Tuner.
Perhaps the Pixel Plus HD is actually supplied with the HD Tuner installed?

soy said:
HD Ready means that the TV can get HD if you add a HD Tuner.
Perhaps the Pixel Plus HD is actually supplied with the HD Tuner installed?

I said "HD already" not "HD ready". The model I have is HD Ready as it can display a minimum of 720 lines interlaced and has a HDCP (copy protection) compatible DVI or HDMI input.

HD Tuners don't exist in Ireland or for that matter in England yet. Sky's upcoming HD Sky Plus box will be the first mainstream HD box. Integrated HDTVs will be a while away in UK and unlikely to be available in Ireland this decade.

Back