PHILIPS 26" LCD - opinions please?

Sophia2457

Hi
Just doing my research before taking the plunge.

DID have the above at €799.95 with 5% off today - they do NOT give cash discounts, I asked.

Anyone have this tv or have any opinions on it?
Specs:
LCD WXGA display
1366 x 786 P
HD Ready
Crystal Clear III
Digital comb filter
Active control
FM Radio
DVI-I Imput

Oh and they give 1 year guarantee

Thanks!

What's the model numbers?

Philips TVs are usually very good especially the higher specced ambilight models.

I would prefer a TV with HDMI rather than DVI input but the two are interchangeable (DVI is Video only so requires audio cables while HDMI has audio and video).

have you had a look on [broken link removed]

cheaper than the high street - and shipped from dublin.

K

I was in Dunnes Stores, Liffey Valley Dublin on Monday and they were setting up a display unit - Philips 26"LCD with HDMI input for €359 - absolute bargain but I couldn't justify spending that much on a day I was out doing my Xmas shopping! Might be worth ringing your nearest Dunnes?

Thanks, guys, but I'm afraid the deed is done - I waited for replies and when none came I had to go ahead (hubby's birthday).

The no. is 26PF5321
See http://www.didstore.com/store_subcat.asp?catid=14&subid=195

I would prefer a TV with HDMI rather than DVI input but the two are interchangeable (DVI is Video only so requires audio cables while HDMI has audio and video).

Sorry, Monsieur, I'm a total tecnophobe so have no idea what you mean!!

We set it up last night and it auto-tuned - NTL cable and SKY, tho to get to SKY you have to go down through channel 0, Ext 1 and Ext 2 to Ext 3 which is a bit of a pain.

Rang SKY this morning and they say we'll have to manually store SKY at 0 and to follow instructions in the guide book - famous last words!

Any SIMPLE instructions very much appreciated.

Hubby ok with it - think he wishes it was a Bravia, but I'm not made of money!

Govinda - please dont tell me that!!!!!

karltimber - my only consolation is that klompett is only 99c cheaper on that model :)
See : [broken link removed]

Rang SKY this morning and they say we'll have to manually store SKY at 0 and to follow instructions in the guide book - famous last words!

I presume this is using the RF feed? You'll get a better picture quality through a scart lead.

Govinda - whew..I couldnt have made it to Liffey Valley in time anyway :)

Leo,

You'll get a better picture quality through a scart lead.

What is a Scart Lead? Were do I plug it into???? :) Sorry, you have to spell it all out for me...do I put the SKY connection into it and then into the telly??

Oh, this is a steep learning curve, but you're all very good to help

Thanks!

Hi Sophia,

Take a look here for an image of a scart connector and socket.

The back of the Sky Box will have one of two of these sockets, one labelled TV, the other VCR. Plug one end of a scart lead into the one labled TV, and the other into one of the EXT sockets on your TV.

Here's a link to the Sky Box user guide (pdf Doc), page 41 has a good image of how to link everything up.
Leo

Back