Phil Towm Value Investing

panitanfc

Hello, guys I'm new here, anybody knows about Phil Town's book about investing. Or any other people who are interested in Value investing. I just want to learn more and maybe share some Ideas on how to invest in stocks. I like Warren Buffet and its kind of investing strategy,
Any help are appreciated.

Benjamin Graham would be one of the more famous value investors. He wrote 'The Intelligent Investor' some 60 years ago. I haven't read it myself but by all account it still applies today.

Benjamin Graham would be one of the more famous value investors. He wrote 'The Intelligent Investor' some 60 years ago. I haven't read it myself but by all account it still applies today.

Intelligent Investor was the first book I read when I just started and it is very easy to read. Even though it was written over 60 years ago everything is valid nowadays. He used very simple analysis and as I recall did have some super degrees to be successful (correct me if I'm wrong).

If you're serious about investing you should definitely read it (I totally agree with camel on this).

I have never ever heard of the author you mentioned but hey, I haven't read every book on this planet.

Yes, Intelligent investor is one great book for the investors. The only thing if you are an average person and no knowledge about investing in stock market would you think they would dare to invest with just reading the Intelligent Investor.

@praetserge: you find the Intelligent Investor easy to read good for you. for me I should reread the chapters or even the paragraph just to understand it better. I like the Chapters 8 and 20.

On Rule # 1 all things about ben graham and warren buffet was summarized and put into context that an individual average investor can invest on their own with the help of Yahoo finance, MSN money and google finance. If you are guided in a step by step approach in investing that no other books have illustrated. The research done by value investors for months would only take you minutes or even seconds on screening great businesses with durable competitive advantages.

I have read this book and help me open lots of doors in investing...I'm just taking a chance if anybody from Dublin are Rule # 1 investors..

Back