Pheasants Run... Clonee

positivenote

hey there folkes, what is the general opinion of this area, regarding amentities and safety, areas like little pace have been given good reports on this forum, and im just wondering what this area is like? Is it affected by flooding as i seem to remember some parts of clonee are subjected to it ocassionaly.

Not just flooding (although this was restricted to the area around the first roundabout) but hurricanes too. I used to live in the area and as far as I'm concerned its grand for starters who are only in the early stages of their careers/families but that its not somewhere to live long term. Its not close enough to Clonee for a proper village atmosphere and hasn't been well enough planned with regards to facilities and layout.

Looking for comments/feedback about this estate? We're currently looking at a three bed semi detached on the Drive.

Thanks

The houses etc are fine there if not a bit "same-ish" but some like that. The difficulty is that it is really set in the middle of thousands of houses in the many estates, and quite a walk to the bus terminus, train station (or bus to station) or shops. In this general residential (ie Clonee/Ongar) area it's wise to consider being closer to shops, large green areas, schools, shops, restaurants etc - makes life much easier in the long term and may make your house more sale-able a few years down the line.

I will admit to being somewhat biased - I live in Ongar and love how I hardly need the car at all to get to the shops, doctor, creche and school next year! Also, am delighted to see the kids play park and tennis courts almost done. I also like how the Ongar and Latchford green areas are being "merged" with great paths etc for taking the buggy or dog out. A really pleasant place to live.

Hope this helps.