Phantom of the Opera?

B

brianbmcd

Sending Mrs Mc to London in a couple of weeks and wanted to book a show - just wondering if anyone had seen the above and if so is it recommended in London?

Alternatively - any better shows that are recommended?

Brian

Saw it in the Point a few years ago and certainly didn't float my boat - but I guess it is down to personal choice.

Thanks Rainy... ,ight be Mama Mia - a bit more lively anyway....

B

Brian,

If its of any interest there's a recommendation for buying tickets in (about half-way down thread). You might get some bargains.

Thank Sue, looks like neither of the 1st two choices are covered but I'll keep this in mind as I wasn't are of this facility in Leicester Sq.

Many thanks
Brian

Theatre tickets - major problem.............

Actually, just went in to book tickets for Mama Mia for evening of Saturday 22nd and there are NONE AVAILABLE!

I didn't think that this would be a problem so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Thanks
Brian

What about the option?

or

[broken link removed]

or

[broken link removed]

or

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

Thanks Sue, you might have saved me with teh Keith Prwose option but I think I will call the other theatre tomorrow to enquire about the MM option first.

Many thanks
B

Best place to try for London West End or Broadway tickets is - pricing is in Euro. Booked a few tickets to the Lion King in London and was happy with them.

I think you can tickets for a variety of theatre shows off Lastminute.co.uk, you may get lucky there.

I've been to three in the West End this year Mamma Mia, We Will Rock You and Phantom and whilst enjoying them all, Mamma Mia was a good laugh, and had the feelgood factor that would put a smile on your face....provided you're not adverse to Abba songs!

I recently seen Phantom in new york and loved it, my boyf did too which amazed me.

Sending Mrs Mc to London in a couple of weeks and wanted to book a show - just wondering if anyone had seen the above and if so is it recommended in London?

Alternatively - any better shows that are recommended?

Brian

I was in London recently and bought cheap tickets at one of the "half price discount" places ( £40 stg each I think, for decent seats a tier up ).

Best 80 bills spent over the whole weekend I reckon, fantastic stuff.

The Phantom is my favourite of all musicals Ive seen - Miss Saigon is a close second.

Theres a great play called Woman in Black thats well worth going to as well.

have seen a few shows in London - Mama Mia , Phantom,Miss Saigon but by far the best was Cats - dont know if its still running but a great show if you can catch it - not least because they actually come out into the audience during the show

Seen the Phantom in New York, was ok and I'm glad I can say that I went to see it but its very long and to me it just was a bit much.

Mama Mia is great laugh.
Ms Saigon...loved it!

Of all the musicals in the West End at the moment, without a doubt my favourite is Wicked. Amazing show! I'm a musical head, love them and my top 5 in London at the moment are;

Wicked
Billy Elliot
Avenue Q
Les Miserables
Phantom

followed by

Spamalot
Mary Poppins
Mama Mia
Rent

Mama Mia is great fun, Phantom is operatic...very different. Try the London section of www.broadwaybox.com for pre-bookable discount tickets.

Only use lastminute as a last resort, you can't choose your seats, you don't know where they are until you turn up. Can be hit and miss.

Saw Phantom in New York too and it was fantastic.
Small enough theatre, full house, great atmosphere. Music and song fantastic.
I guess the whole NYC and broadway thing certainly added to the experience for us - had great seats too which helped !
But I would imagine Mama Mia would be a great night out and Cats has being recommended to us by friends on a few occasions.
Good luck !!

Last edited: