peyton rathcoole

A

AMIMAD007

Anybody in the same boat as me? I have a deposit on a house in Peyton Rathcoole which has not been completed yet. The worry i have is if I go ahead with it and they re-launch them after i move in at a lower price...There is no movement in the prices at the moment in this development yet Blackthorn Rathcoole has reduced thieir prices by 100k in some cases...I think they are overpriced and cant see them been able to sell them at those prices...Any views anyone?

The prices in this development have already been dropped. They were first launched around June 2008 and the prices decreased in September by amounts varying from €50 to €100K.

I'm in the slightly similar dilemma as yourself, I too put a deposit on a house but have yet to sign a contract. I got a valuation only recently - the house is worth €30,000 less then what they are asking for, even though they've already dropped the price - there's no way on this earth am I going to give the asking price, the builder will need to drop the price again, otherwise I'm pulling out of the deal. They need you more then you need them!

The developer's valuer priced the property at €X.

Your valuer priced the property at €X-30.

It is virtually impossible to value properties in the current market. Simply, a house is worth what a person is willing to pay for it. You were happy to buy the house based on the price advertised, so why get so concerned now?

Negative equity should not be a concern to anyone who plans to live in their home for a long time. If you don't plan to live in the house long-term, then in the current market, don't buy it.

Don't get so caught up in the hype that you feel the need to jump on that bandwagon....

Aside from negative equity I certainly wouldn't be signing any contracts on a house that is now worth 30k less! I realise the house is a home and you should only buy now if you plan on staying there a long time but I certainly would not succumb to paying more than the property is worth when the contracts haven't even been signed. I would most definitely be getting caught up in the hype and jumping on the bandwagon when its not too late to do something about it.

I have seen these homes & think they are fantastic. I have not made an offer - but in tallking to an agent told me they will not drop(this was before xmas). I think these homes are over priced (well for me at the moment) has any body made offers on these homes - are the builders willing to deal. I'm a cash buyer who has recently sold a proprty. I have the choice of moving back home for a couple of months and waiting??

I know there are two agents selling these proprty's at the moment. Must u deal with them ?? Can u contact the builder ??

i have had 60k wiped off the price of my house since i put it on the market in December 2008 but these guys are not budging on their price's
i think i,ll ask for my desposit back. call their bluff!............ i,ve seen 4 bedroom house's in killiney, howth, malahide and castleknock cheaper on myhome.ie

Hey maybe if you took your deposit back and a couple of others we'd all get a better price ha ha. We to had to take a hit on selling a property. Therefore a little peved off that these guys are not willing to talk. Such as life,time to look around ....

i see a new 3 bedroom semi in rathcoole with own front and back garden for 365k
with solid wood floor and kitchen appliances, i lot better value than 370k for 3 bed duplex with shared parking cavan homes broadfeild

Hi, I went up yesterday to have a look. There are a nice house I was looking at the four bed. Lovely lay out to the house. Sitting area was a little tight but it was nice. I have seen so many homes (new) along that side of town. I'm not sure any more at the end of day I'm not will nor can i afford that sort of money (525,000)
I have been looking at second hand homes, and it looks like you get a hell of allot more for your money. Taking in to account your floors are done, tilling is done - its allot less hasle for a better price !!!

was up in Peyton on the weekend in new showhouses, very nice (3/four bed) but still a bit pricey maybe - looking for 395,000 (semi-d) to 435,000 (larger corner site) though houses are around 1600+ sqft. Still from looking at original plans looks like they have loads to build up there so unsure where thouse prices will end up.

Anyone any thoughts on Peyton as a development in general as it stands?

@pony: Peyton is lovely estate n i love the 4 bed houses. I personally think they r over priced. If money wasn't the issue i cud be living there. Did u see houses in Broadfield ??

yeah - saw broadfield, wouldnt be mad on it - nice but would wonder how much more they will build up there (original plan were quite extensive yet i dont see much building so ??), would research the builders a good bit also, right next to naas road, build quality not as nice as peyton, could do a lot worse though.

all depends on the price and all things considered (also looking around at market for 3/4 beds in the area in general) both still pretty overpriced.

fyi - lots of posts and views here

www .thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30285

i also found a facebook page for residents but it was not active

Here a few years now and love it just wish I got it at todays prices!! but thats the way it goes, cant hold out forever.

Its a very friendly estate and so handy to be able to walk down to the shops, pub , schools etc.

This is the most recent thread i can find on Peyton. Has anyone bought in here recently? If so what has your experience been like?