Peugeot 407 Tyre Pressure Sensors

E

Eng Car

I have a Peugeot 407. Recently I had a puncture and swapped the alloy wheel for the spare wheel. After getting the puncture repaired I swapped the wheels back over. Now each time after starting the car I get a warning light on the dashboard telling me that the tyre pressure sensors are not active. How do I reset this function? Or will I have to go to main dealer each time I need to swap a wheel over?

Yep it looks like a trip to the main stealer!! Is there anything in the handbook regarding wheel changing? Nothing wrong with an air-line I think.

The handbook says to entrust the car to a main dealer. I feel this is just another money making scam. Most other manufacturuers that have tyre pressure sensors on their cars have an option through on board computer to reset the sensors after a wheel change. It is not always practical to take time off work just to go to main dealer and wait ages to be seen, or worse still have to leave car with them, and pay steep labour rates! when really speaking its only a minor job. Maybe I am just having a bad experience with the dealer I have used so far!

Ring the Service Department of the dealer. They may be able to tell you a quick way to reset the sensors yourself without having to go to them.

Tried ringing them. Have to book car in €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Wish I had kept my 406 it was a great car!!