peugeot 407 anyone have/know someone that has one?

blueshoes

hi.

Im just wondering does anyone have a 407. I am thinking of buying a 04 1.6hdi.

Would the 1.6 be too underpowed for this car? Would the 2 litre diesel be better? What about the petrol?

Im looking at diesel because i do lots of miles. Ive checked it up on what car and it seems pretty good.

Anyone have any major problems with theres? I havent actually test drove one yet but will do this weekend.

Thanks

The 1.6 HDI puts out 110bhp and it really depends on your definition of underpowered. In general it's more than adequate for the average driver and has the added bonus of great fuel consumption. The 2.0 HDI is obviously more powerful but you'll get a better trade-in in a few years with the 1.6 HDI. The 1.6 HDI is a bit noiser and has the unusual attribute of the coooling fan staying on for long periods after the engine has been switched off despite the engine not being that hot, but don't worry it may be unusual but it's not a fault. The fan is carrying out a regeneration of sorts! The suspension is excellant over those long winding country roads, in general it's well spec'd, safe and a comfortable vehicle. Overall not a bad car but there are the usual relability worries, as with all French cars.

I've owned 2 new Ford cars with that 1.6 110 bhp TDCI engine (same as the 407 HDI).

It's a fine unit. Plenty of torque. Cheap to run too.

It's not fast, but doesn't feel weedy either.

Blue

I think the only thing to do is drive a 1.6 and a 2.0

Try and get a decent route climbing a hill stuff like that.

Back