Peugeot 307SW Hdi

Mag2006

Guys,

I am thinking of buying an 03/04 one of these either a 1.4hdi or 1.6hdi. They are nicely priced for me for the year I want to buy (currently have 00 Honda Accord) seem spacious and look nice. Now, thing is I am not a french car fan at all. I think Renaults are crap (sorry!), Citroen no way as for Peugeot well never heard anything that bad and they seem more popular. They seem to be a good,safe family car which I really need. The boot in my accord drives me mental with buggies etc and the kids will have less room in the back sooner rather than later if they keep growing at their current rate!!!
Anyone have any feedback on them for me??. Many thanks.

we have the 1.4 model, I don't know if they are all the same but ours is crap, we have had some major problems and there is only 35K miles on the clock, Fuel Pump went, ABS Pump went Electrics are shot, Door handles fell off,Glove box lock is fecked......wouldn't touch another one, I went to Peugeot Ireland to see if they would cover some of the costs when the ABs went it was just over 3 yrs old and they told me warranty is for 3yrs sorry good luck.....I'll be voting with my feet and won't be ever going back to a peugot dealer again! Sorry for the rant.........maybe there not all like this !!

Look here for a run down

[broken link removed]

Last edited:
Thanks Johndoe64, think I will give it a miss so...hubbie was against me buying one coz he hates them but I wanted some objective honest info.
I hope you have better luck with your next car. I've had VW & Honda all my life and never any hassle so think I'll stick to the same makes!!.

hi there,

my sis has a normal hatback and loves it. i know not the same as the sw but just thought id say that all the 307's dont have probs.

It has never given her any bother apart from when you indicate right sometimes it goes to the left indicator after you take the turn haha.

I have borrowered it on several occasions and i find it a very plesent drive plenty of space big boot lors of headroom.

She has a 1.4hdi. It feels a little slow if ya know what i mean, you would prob be better of with the 1.6 espec if your kids are getting bigger by the day!!

You should have a look around there all not as bad as made out to be,and if your interested in one take it for a good spin, make sure all the electrices work and get a warranty.

Happy car hunting!!

Back