Peugeot 307 - Engine Vibrating

N

noc

Hope someone can help me here... bought a 04' 307 XT model 40K on the clock. When the car is stopped in traffic or at lights, the engine starts shuddering/vibrating which can be felt in the cabin. The rev counter doesn't move and the fan is working ok. Bought in back to the garage, they can't find anything...then it was brought to a Peugeot dealership
who advised this is a "feature" of the 307???
anyone experience something similar or any ideas what this could be
thanks N

hi there...

I was told the 307 engine are not the smoothest on the road. they can shudder a little. But what your saying is "vibrating"?

the coil pack on the 307 has been known to give trouble. in turn this MAY cause a vibrating when idle. This is not your answer im purely speculating. I did many a warranty claim on these. Customers complaining they feel a vibration when idle and we replaced the coil - problem solved. Peugeot is aware of this problem

Had a similar problem - turned out to be an air flow meter

Thank you both for your replies.
The thing is I brought the car back to garage where I bought it over a month ago and they couldnt find a problem, so brought out to a Peugeot garage for diagnostics; they couldnt find a problem so as far the garage is concerned there is nothing wrong with the car; have a 12 month warranty on the car but not 100% where I could from here. Plus have had major hassle with the garage over this and being a female doesn't help either - when the sales rep spoke to the mechanic regarding my concerns he said to the mechanic in workshop " This girl is afraid of the noises an engine make" Ha !

Back