Peugeot 207 Any views ?

Perplexed

Thinking of trading in my 206 - which I've been very happy with - for a new 207. Trying to beat the SSIA glut.

Anyone know anything about this car ? I like the look of it but don't know much else about it.

Any advice would be most welcome

Perplexed said:
Thinking of trading in my 206 - which I've been very happy with - for a new 207. Trying to beat the SSIA glut.

Anyone know anything about this car ? I like the look of it but don't know much else about it.

Any advice would be most welcome

been looking at them myself... coming to my local dealer tommorow , so going down for a first look at one in the flesh...

all the reviews seem good so far....been thinking about the 1.6 desiel GT... its a bit pricey , but comes with all for the extras for around the same as the most basic 307 , which itsn't that much bigger than the 207...

Like the look of the new 207. The three door seems a lot sportier looking so I'd def go for that. Smallest engine is the 1.4 and for the moment the 90bhp version is the only 1.4 available. Its only a few hundred more than the 75bhp which is due in November so personally I don't see why anybody would opt for the less powerful version. The 1.6HDI diesel has got some good reviews as well. Agree with JHegarty...you could get a very nice GT version for the same as a low-spec 307 and the 207 is a good bit bigger than the 206 and not much smaller than a 307. Actually the size of it means that anything less than a 1.4 would probably just be too underpowered for it. Presume like most Peugeots there will be reliablilty problems which would put me off a bit but I'd say it will sell very well and hold its value on the second hand market.

Thanks for the comments. Went to have a look today & I agree with most of what you've said. A lot roomier & bigger than my 206 & much better looking than 307.
I was thinking of the 1.4 SX. After having Air Con for the last few yrs I don't want to live without it.....also tempted to go for leather seats.

Southsideboy.....afraid I have to go for the 5door....family + dog, but I agree with you the 2 door certainly has a sportier look

Never had a diesel but they do seem expensive.....are they worth it ?

About reliability. I had a 106 & then my 206 & never had a days trouble with either. Was I just lucky ?

Be interested to hear what you think when you see it in the flesh jhegarty. Think I'm hooked !

I am going to go down today and take a look. Liked the look of it in the website, so am intersted, especially as it is going to be bigger than 206.
I currently have 307(decent spec. alloy wheels, air con. etc), so I will be interested to see what they will offer against this as a trade in.

I previously had a 206 (99D) so it was one of the first of the batch, and when I traded it in 2002(for a Seat Ibiza), I remember I got a great trade in value for it.

I had no problems with either the 206(though it was tinny, I found), or any real problems with the 307(apart from indicator lights and horn), so I am going to take a look at 207!!

Hi Perplexed

I've always driven Peugeot cars both here and in the U.K., from the old 205, to my present 307 and i honestly have to say i've never had any trouble with them. Also, my daughter drives a 206 and had a 106 before that she is also very happy with them. We are both keen to see the 207 looks like we will be making a trip to the dealership soon.

I went to see it today and I have to say they are very nice. The dealership was very busy today so there appears to be a lot of interest in them. On first looks, it looks more like a 307 and looks much bigger than the 206. Once I sat in though,I could see the difference between the interior room in it and my 307(especially in the back seats).

Perplexed said:
About reliability. I had a 106 & then my 206 & never had a days trouble with either. Was I just lucky ?

Be interested to hear what you think when you see it in the flesh jhegarty. Think I'm hooked !

I am upgrading from a 106 myself , and in the 5 years and 70,000 miles i have it its been in the garage 2 times (and the first was covered under warranty) so I don't know what all these people who say pugs are really expenive to run are one about...

they only has the se (basic version) in the garage for launch, none with aircon or any of the fance stuff... apart from the wing mirrors been a little big its a great looking car... lots of room inside too...

the diesel works out about 1/3 cheaper on fuel , so you should be able to work out if that suites based on your own millage...

Dobber, that's a handy site. Thanks for that.

Thanks for all the other replies too....it's always good to hear another view.

check out Motoring Life review here

[broken link removed]

Hi, just wondering if anybody has any more views on the 207.
I am seriously thinking about getting one, probably the ST model so I can get the air con. I test drove one the other day and thought it was really nice.
Any views would be great!