pets for apartment

corco2000

Hi, Do you think it is fair to have a cat or small dog in two bed apartment? On top/third floor with secured balcony.

I know odd Q!

corco2000 said:
Hi, Do you think it is fair to have a cat or small dog in two bed apartment? On top/third floor with secured balcony.

Hi Corco 2000 , Does the cat or dog sleepwalk?

Don't know yet. Is only a thaught for future! G.frnds idea!! Im kinda unsure if its fair on pet...any time I had dogs we had great big garden they ran around all day.
What u think fair/unfair?

well lets say I am...do u think it is fair? I know in New York where I lived for awhile they all have pets in small apts. But don't hear much of it happening here?

If your leasehold agreement forbids it, then other residents will be entitled to complain to the management company. If not, then you are entitled and as long as your pet doesn't bother your neighbours, I don't see the problem.

MMM ok, the majority of times- are u allowed to have pets i.e. does leasehold allow it in apt complex's do you know? How would you exercise cats, kinda look funny with two cats on a lead.

We had our cat in our apartment, it was allowed by the management company. It was not great for her because she was bored witless roaming 400 sq ft, she made great work of the scratching post though! A cat that had always lived in an apartment would probably be happier. The other consideration is the kitty litter and where it's going to go. If you are prepared to put in the time a small dog might actually be a better choice because you can walk it, a cat tends to just gets nervous if you bring it out the courtyard. If you do get a dog get something that's easily amused not too much grey matter to get bored and start chewing your furniture, something like a king charles would probably be happy enough.

try goldfish instead...imho it would be unfair to keep a cat/dog in such a confined place-we had neighbours who kept a dalmatian locked up in thier house all day and the whining was heartrending....

daithi

What would be the best breed of cat to get? Girlfriend is getting broody and I was thinking of putting her off for a while with a small animal.

Just get your standard 'moggy' non-breed cat from somewhere like [broken link removed] or - thankfully the cat world isn't quite as obsessed with 'breeds' as the dog world.

Kitten time is approaching within the next month and the above sites, as well as the likes of http://www.irishanimals.ie will be awash with kittens looking for good homes. Get two - absolutely no more hassle than one!

gearoidmm said:
What would be the best breed of cat to get? Girlfriend is getting broody and I was thinking of putting her off for a while with a small animal.

I normally dont recommend people to go for a breeded cat/kitten when its such a pity to pay for an animal when so many lovely cats/kittens get put down because they cant find homes. However a breeded cat is better disposed to living appartment life than a moggie. Siamese, persian are good indoor pets, burmese suffer from giddy half hours so that wouldnt be so great. As other posters recommended check with your management company that you're allowed to have a pet.

Back