Petrol Trimmers

dodo

I have an ryobi Petrol Trimmer , it only has compartment for petrol but do I need to mix some 2 stroke oil with the petrol. It ran out of petrol so I added more petrol but it will not work , I cant remember do I need to mix in 2 stoke oil.

I have no idea what this post is doing here, but to provide an answer, if there is no compartment separately for oil, then it is a 2 stroke engine, meaning that the oil for lubricating the engine has to be mixed with the petrol, usually at a ration of 50/1 petrol to oil, but check with the machine specs. This has to be done every time that petrol is added. Get a separate one gallon can only for this machine and mark or label it. Mix the full gallon at the proper ratio for that engine and remember to shake the can well before each refill of the machine as the oil and petrol separates to some extent when left to settle.

Thanks for the information, just a note this is the correct section for my Question, Homes and Garden is it not

Homes and Garden, it definitely is! My mistake - I thought I was in Banking at the time

Ryobi only do 2 stroke. You can get small mixing bottles in most places that sell the trimmers, 1 litre or smaller in size, with markings to help you get the proportions right. No need to mix up a gallon unless you plan on doing a serious amount of work.
Leo

You may have serious damage if you put petrol only in the strimmers,something like putting diesel in a petrol engine,the strimmer most probably will be seized