Petrol still over €1 per litre

oldtimer

Over the past few weeks the price of oil is dropping almost daily, yet I notice no decrease at the pumps. In November my supplier was charging €1.03 per litre and it is still that price. Today I noticed in Limerick one garage had it at €1.08 per litre. I hear no protest or outcry. I am longing to see the €1 barrier broken on downward direction. Is everybody still paying over the euro?

98.9 in new ross,we may get joe duffy to start naming and shaming again.

I hear no protest or outcry. I am longing to see the €1 barrier broken on downward direction. Is everybody still paying over the euro?

I have seen numerous garages in the south east with petrol and diesel under the one euro mark. This site might be of interest to you.

It was in the paper yesterday that a garage on ushers quay was charging 1.35c!! obviously the dearest in the country - the manager blubbed something about location and ease of access - high rents and stuff.
heard it all before. KCR is 99c as is harolds cross i think. talk with your feet/wheels

KCR is 99c

Yes, it is. It is worth noting that there is no brand name at the KCR filling station. It used to be Texaco, but all that livery was removed some time ago. I have seen TOP delivering petrol there in the recent past, and have bought petrol there without problems, but why do they not indicate the brand?

Interesting - Clonsilla petrol station have also removed their branding (used to be Shell) - I'm not sure who supplies them now but they have been without branding for quite a few weeks by now. I wonder is some new supplier entering the market?

Down here in Rebel Land Tesco don't sell petrol so garages are laughing. Averaging 105.9 in the Wilton area where Tesco want to open a petrol station but the local garages are all objecting.

Interesting - Clonsilla petrol station have also removed their branding (used to be Shell) - I'm not sure who supplies them now but they have been without branding for quite a few weeks by now. I wonder is some new supplier entering the market?

Shell and Statoil are now owned by a consortium called Topaz-there was controversy surrounding the approval (by lack of action) by the Competition Authority of this takeover.

Filled up last night for 97.9/litre of unleaded at Kelloil Tralee. They now have a text service in which they text you the prices for the next few days. Their competitors at Maxol and Statoil ususally follow them but there can be a delay of a few hours.

Back