Petrol station toilets

scuby

Can anyone honestly say they used a clean toilet in a petrol station in Ireland ?
I have travelled quite a bit between cork and gawlay and cork to wexford, and a few other routes, and i don't think i can say i went into a toilet with out cringing or tip toeing around a pile or a puddle and the odd retreat out of the out house ! at least us men can stand and aim, for the ladies i feel sorry.
So has anyone seen/used a clen toilet ?
why do people always seem to miss the bowl in petrol stations ? makes you wonder what their own toilets are like at home !
i think i will bring the digital camera next time and post some ! with plenty warnings.......

Did you check the mandatory (as far as I know) toilet cleaning log (no pun intended) to check when they were last cleaned? Did you complain to the proprietors when you encountered unhygienic toilet facilities?

I think you are lucky to even find a toilet that you were let into,let alone one that works,

the station at the roundabout on the athlone bypass is usually clean

that said, why in pubs etc do people feel it necessary to pee on the seat? it only takes a second to lift the fecker!

half the time the cleaning logs are never there, or never used. And if you do complain all you get is a shrug of the shoulders and a grunt. And if they are too lazy to do something about toilet hygene, what are the food preparation areas like !

Keep complaining until you get a satisfactory response so. Write to the management of the outlet and (if applicable) the franchise holder or owner. Don't patronise outlets that don't deal with complaints satisfactorily.

I suppose it really is appropriate to post about "peeing" in "Letting off Steam"

Keep complaining until you get a satisfactory response so. Write to the management of the outlet and (if applicable) the franchise holder or owner. Don't patronise outlets that don't deal with complaints satisfactorily.

i agree with the above, but i don't think it should come to that stage. It should be done routinely and not because someone complains. I just won't return to the offending stations, and will buy petrol etc elswhere...