Petrol Cost

I{U}Ireland

Hi

Is there any website to calculate the cost of petrol for specific miles? like to select how many miles and how much the Petrol Price and get the total cost

Regards

What do you mean?
surely the cost of petrol as in € per liter is the same regardless of the mileage.

I am driving Honda civic 1.4 1998, I would like to know how much it would cost me per week to do a 50 miles daily

I am driving Honda civic 1.4 1998, I would like to know how much it would cost me per week to do a 50 miles daily

A lot can depend on HOW you drive it.

And why not clock it yourself. Let the tank run nearly empy, fill up with X amount of litres/gallons and then see how many miles you get before you have to fill up again. It is not 100% accurate as your fuel light may come on at different levels of fuel in the tank each time, but it should give you a ball park figure.

You don't have to let it run dry.

Fill up
Take mileage reading
Drive around for a day or so, in order that you get a typical few days driving.
Fill up again take note of the cost
Take reading again

Take 1st reading from the second reading.
then divide cost by mileage
This will give you the cost per mile multiply by 50 and then by 5 assumuming you work 5 days per week

I usually use the trip metre to calculate the distance covered

Find out how big your tank is, probably 50 litres, fill it, set your milage counter to zero, drive around until it 's empty, ie light goes on or gauge goes down and fill it again.

Note the milage youve done and note the amount of petrol youve needed to refill it

400 miles/ 45 litres = 8.8 miles/ litre

say 9/litre for 50 miles roughly 9½ litres.

I keep an eye on mine regullary as it varies depending on a lot of stuff.

In case you don't have the "official" figures and you want to compare your results, here they are for the (manual) 98 Civic 1.4i:

Urban 31.7 mpg; 8.9 L /100 km
Extra Urban 47.9 mpg; 5.9 L /100 km
Combined 40.4 mpg; 7.0 L /100 km

As the OP is looking for the cost don't forget to multiply by the cost of a litre of petrol